Wibiya Widget

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Durban life…




In 2007 I made my move, from the busy and sometimes quite stressful Johannesburg to the more relaxed and a little less stressful Durban. Leaving behind family, friends and a job. My modeling career was also about to start taking off, not necessarily at the speed that I would have liked it to start taking off though, but I still had a lot to learn.

I arrived in Durban with a feeling of relief, not really too concerned about what I had left behind, I would be back to visit. I had a feeling that things were going to be just fine… I had always said to my mom that I was going to live by the sea again and here I was!

Soon after moving to Durban I landed a job which I have stuck to since arriving, our offices look out over the ocean and we have the most beautiful view. Now living and working where I use to visit with my parents for holidays, it has become quite a lifestyle, the relaxed and less stressed life of Durban.

Living in Durban has not always been without stress though, I have had my moments… We have moved a few times, I have had ups and downs with my job and modeling here has proven quite difficult as the industry is very small, however, spending time on the beach on the weekends and living it up with the new friends I have made helps relieve the stresses built up.

The nightlife is a lot different to Johannesburg and Pretoria, and it took a while to get use to it. It is changing though, and there is a little bit more of a buzz happening now. We have more clubs opening and more events being held.

During holiday season, Durban is really one of the best places to be.

Anyhow, I am loving it here, I miss JHB but certainly do not miss the traffic!

2 comments:

  1. I agree I lived in JHB for 5 mnths the traffic was hiddious but happier to be in Durban now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, was thinking of moving to Jhb after my studies...now i just cant find a reason to move anymore. Glad uv made Durban your home=)

    ReplyDelete