Wibiya Widget

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My training…

Sadly I never use to have a good body and had to work hard to getting it to look like this. Until I left school, I was quite a light weight myself. If only there was some magic potion one could drink to get yourself to the ideal weight you want to be with all the lines and striations in the right places.

I have always been very active and use to do athletics and swimming at school which contributed to keeping the weight off me, which was not ideal, as I almost weighed nothing. While in high school I use to gym but never took it that seriously and I actually had no idea what I was doing.

I would find myself online surfing the sites and seeing beautiful men, with amazing bodies, and I would envy them, I wished I looked like them, and this envy never ends… still today I will see a guy with an amazing body and think: ‘Geese, I wish I had that bod’.

I have been told that I have genes to thank and my fast metabolism at school for my body today. Also, keep in mind that I am still not 100% happy with my body and it is still work in progress. But so far, in just over a year my body has changed a lot! People who knew me before moving to Durban can vouch for that too.

I have put on healthy weight, I look healthier and am maintaining it all and it is all thanx to eating and training properly! And my boyfriend who really pushes me in the gym!

Now that I am taking things seriously I follow a diet which works for me as my aim is to put on weight and maintain the weight as good quality muscle. I have gone from 68kg to 74kg, I could be doing a lot better but because of the busy life style sometimes my training suffers.

I follow a weight training program which is quite flexible. We will do something like focus on doing lots of reps for the one week and then the following week doing low reps and heavier weights.

Day 1: Legs
Day 1: Chest and Triceps
Day 2: Back
Day 3: Shoulders and Biceps

Then I try and fit in abs 3 times a week.

I am not a fan of cardio, and I think with my active lifestyle and dancing on weekends it pretty much covers my cardio. lol

I eat loads of Carbs, healthy carbs and proteins. I also drink shakes to help as well.

Lots of people ask me for advice, I suggest you research places like Body for life, you need to do training and eat to suit your own needs. Our training constantly changes, and so should yours, challenge yourself.

Also, I realize I am only 21, and my body is very different to a 25 year olds, 25 year old guys who train and maintain a good body have much more mature muscle, which in my eyes is HOT.

1 comment:

  1. You have inspired me to do something about my body. After starting to chat to you, I actually feel good about myself again, something that I haven't felt in a long time. Thanks. I think you inspire others as well. I think it is because you seem to be so genuine and down to earth. And with a body and face like yours it could easily have been just the exact opposite.

    ReplyDelete