Wibiya Widget

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Positive expectancy



This week has been a good week so far. The weekend was a good one and a pretty chilled one. Of course we popped in at Traxx after the lounge on Friday evening, but for the rest of the weekend we spent some quality time together and did some work around the house.

There are many things I want to accomplish in life, many goals I have set out for myself, short term and long term and a truly believe I will accomplish these goals. There is something called positive expectancy which I am learning now at work, and although I have implemented it a little in my own life without even realizing it, I would like to focus on it a bit more.
It is the attitude you need to adopt and maintain, you must expect things to happen and your expectations must be positive.
Firstly you need to vividly imagine, imagine what it is that you want to achieve.
Secondly you must desire, with vivid imagination of your goals your desire will become more directed towards those goals
Thirdly you need to sincerely believe in your ability and worthiness to attain your goals
And fourth you must enthusiastically act, this will bring imagination, desire and belief into reality.

You must plan the action that will see your goals accomplished, making use of appropriate short range goals. You must plan for the obstacles you are to come across and see them as opportunities for creativity and as challenges to your desire and belief.

I leave you with this this week, it is something I am going to be focusing on.

Ty

1 comment: