Wibiya Widget

Monday, April 19, 2010

Spartacus shoot – 10 April 2010

Spartacus shoot – 10 April 2010


Durban View guest house here in Durban, South Africa is the first place I would suggest to friends to book into while on holiday, either from abroad or from South Africa. Dave and Llewellyn are amazing hosts and certainly do look after their guests.

Spartacus, the travel magazine which comes out once a year asked them if they would like their guesthouse featured and also offered cover, and so they invited me to come in and do some photo’s for them.

I popped in on the Saturday morning, with quite a strong wind blowing and a lot of cloud cover we started the shoot off on the stairs leading from the entertainment area and pool to some of the rooms. Dave was putting his photography skills to test as Llewellyn lay back at the bottom of the stairs on a deck chair relaxing.

By now the wind had already blown whatever style I had into a mess, but, as it is a lifestyle shoot and sticking to keeping it natural I continued with smiles…

We moved onto the bar area and with cocktail in hand had a few pics taken there, each time of course changing the swimwear I was wearing.

Durban view guest house has the most amazing view of Durban, hence the name. We moved onto the roof where the wind was stronger than before and I braved just putting my feet into the Jacuzzi, yeah, that was warm okay, but taking them out was not so warm. Did a few more shots with the Durban scape in the background.

Next was the fun part, the shower shots… We moved downstairs to the outside shower, I ensured that the water was very warm as by now the temperature had dropped quite a bit. With David recording behind the scenes and Dave taking the shots it was quite fun, Dave teased me and said to readjust my package which I so innocently did and had a good chuckle.

All in all it was another successful shoot and Spartacus seems to be happy with the shots as well.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent stuff. Thanks Tyrone for giving us your best. Our Guesthouse has never looked so awesome!! Dave

    ReplyDelete