Wibiya Widget

Friday, October 15, 2010

What a week...!



What a week is has been...!


Last weekend started off with me attending the POWA fashion show at Club Sasha, Durban with the likes of Rosie Motene and Terrence Pillay and a couple of other familiar faces. POWA is for People opposing Woman Abuse and the fashion show was held to create some awareness around this issue in our country. Personally I think it is a fantastic organization and as most of you know I feel very strongly not only against woman abuse, but any abuse.

Ryan Stewart managed to call me up just as I was heading off to the show on Friday night for a shoot the next Saturday afternoon, that’s when my plans for any form of a big night went out the window. My Saturday morning started off at The Hair on the Edge Salon in prep for a shoot later that afternoon which was booked the night before. I shot with Ryan Stewart of R.S.Images and sported the latest Corrupt Underwear which was launched earlier this month. Check out www.corrupt.co.za as well as R.S.Images fan site on facebook and their website www.rsimages.co.za.

The shoot went really well. The location was a small one way side street with a wall covered in graffiti. It must have been quite a site for the block of flats opposite us, We had a few onlookers pass us by and a small crowd gather at the end of the street. All in all it was a great shoot as it always is when working with Ryan Stewart.

Myself and Ryan were booked to be judges with another 4 judges at the annual DarkChild Fashion show where young designers and models take to the ramp to showcase their latest designs. With two categories namely costume and fashion wear the models battled it out on the ramp. 6 designers were placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each category walking away with some amazing cash prizes. The event is organized by Trish Lithuli every year who always works her magic! It was a huge success and I was very honored to be a part of the panel.

This week that has past I have been giving it my all at the gym, really been pushing myself and I can definitely see and feel improvement. My goal is to get to 85kg, I am on 80kg at the moment, it has taken me quite some time to get there! But am there… J I am still pushing hard and with my new training buddy I have picked up a lot of things. Sadly he leaves next weekend and then I am on my own again, but I will try and maintain.

This weekend should be pretty chilled, but still busy… lol, yes that is possible. Will be filming tomorrow evening again which I am looking quite forward to. I am also looking forward to seeing what they have done with the scenes filmed already… Not sure when I will get to see that J

I hope everyone has an awesome weeken!

Play it safe!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment