Wibiya Widget

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Holiday Time!





Pictures: The famous Britney Spears impersonator, Derrick Barry and I at Babylon nightclub during his SA tour

Geez! It has been insanely cold in Johannesburg and the mornings are proving to be the hardest. Having to get up, get into a hot shower and then step into the cold again is not the best way to start ones day, however it does give you a kick and wake you up properly!

I wrote my last exam on Friday and had the weekend to chill out and relax and am now anxiously awaiting results, which we will only get back next term, which is fine with me. I do not think I did badly though, my only concern is economics. It is just one subject I battle to grasp and although I studied it like a parrot, I really do need to understand something if I am going to be writing exams on it, so with that said it was not the best sitting I had.

My plans for all the spare time I will have on my hands for the next couple of weeks is to do some writing and hopefully work on a couple of marketing projects myself, which I am having a meeting about on Wednesday. Let us see if I can put into practice what I have learnt over the last few months!

I am also hoping to get some horse riding done, it is something I enjoyed doing when I first lived in Johannesburg before moving down to Durban and a really good friend of mine Dayle manages stables and hopefully she can squeeze me in sometime over the holidays, it is also the perfect way to chill out and relax.

We also have the Kylie Minogue concert coming up on the 8th of July and from what I can tell everyone is super excited about seeing her. If I am not mistaken it will be her first time here. We will be staying over in Sun City for the concert as the drive back is a bit of a long one to do after going to a concert! AND I am super excited too! Just saying…

I also took my 15-year-old cousin to go and watch The Script concert this past weekend; although they are not my most favorite band, it was still pretty cool! Most importantly my cousin enjoyed the concert, and I ran into a couple of mates I had not seen in a while and did some catching up with them. It was The Script’s biggest audience ever, which I think is quite an achievement for them as well as for Johannesburg and hopefully that just proves to other artists that it can be done in South Africa.

I was also tracked down by a ‘long lost’ friend over the weekend, we had been best mates in primary school and when I moved from St. Lucia to Phalaborwa somewhere along the line we lost contact, then we picked up contact again when I moved to Johannesburg and then lost contact again and now finally she has joined the world of social media and was able to find me! It was a pleasure hearing from her again and I most definitely think a trip down to St. Lucia is in order.

I hope everyone else enjoys the rest of their June month, nearly entering July! I cannot believe how fast this year is flying by! And where ever you are in the world keep warm or stay cool!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment