Wibiya Widget

Thursday, June 16, 2011

R.I.P. Dad, you will forever live on in my mind and soul...

On this day 23 years ago my father passed away. I was only 6 months old and although I do not really have any memory of him he will always live on in my family's and my heart.

From what I could tell, the family loved him a lot and he was an amazing man. My Mom would not often speak of him unless I asked, which I did not mind. The older I became the more questions I posed and they were answered and the more I learned about this incredible man who once lived.

My family would describe my father as being the splitting image of me.

My Nanna was once bought to tears seeing me for the first time after many years, as a young adult and stated that she saw her son standing in front of her.

Although it was 23 years ago and I do not know any better, the thought that I could have been raised with a father figure does bring tears to my eyes, I think it is only human to think these thoughts.

I must give my mother big thumbs up and recognition for raising me on her ACE! She is an incredible woman and is now raising two more kids, my sister, Jessame who is 12 years younger than me and my baby brother, Waldo who is 21 years younger than me, that just shows you how strong she is and what an amazing mother she is!

Who knows what the reason was for my father to be taken away from his family and the people who loved and adored him? But nonetheless I believe firmly in the saying that everything happens for a reason.

Love you Dad x

No comments:

Post a Comment