Wibiya Widget

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Celebrating life




It is that time of year again when one celebrates life, your accomplishments and the start of a new year and I in particular do a lot of reflecting and reminiscing.

Although it is also the time of giving and showing your love and appreciation for others it is also important to take this time and reflect on yourself, reflect on the things you are grateful for in life, what you have achieved and what goals you will be setting out for yourself for the next year to come with your future in mind.

I usually take a look back at how life has changed and improved from one year to the next.

This year has been amazing; I have met that special person who I truly love and will do anything for and who I want to build a life and future with. It also marks the end of my first year of studies which is another step into my future and getting my degree and this year has been a great year in terms of building new friendships and meeting some special people who make life amazing and well worth it.

I have also learnt a lot about myself this year in terms of who I am, what I stand for and what I want to accomplish in life and that I am the one who controls my life and happiness, no one else. Obviously I will continue to learn more things about myself, but this is part of what life is about.

It started off a bit bumpy, but in the end it all comes together and when looking back I now see why I had to go thru some of the things that I went thru this past year. Without those experiences, good and bad, I would not be the person I am today and where I am at today.

Remember one thing, what does not kill you, only makes you stronger… A very old saying, but so true.

Once again I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a super new year and I hope that you all set out to achieve and accomplish your goals you have set out in life, and if you have not, then it is never too late to start! Give it your all, you really do not have anything to loose!

x

1 comment: