Wibiya Widget

Friday, June 8, 2012

a post I typed on Tuesday night but did not post...


So our electricity has just gone off, what to do? Blog time! Lol… 

It has been a long day shooting for Getroud Met Rugby, this morning’s call time was 6am and we only wrapped at 6pm, which is 12 hours in your face! And then I still had to build up the energy to hit the gym, if that aint dedication, then I don’t know what is! Haha!

Once again, I have to admit that being on set around established actors is teaching me a lot, the experience I am gaining is incredible and the insight is extremely valuable.

Our final scene today was quite a hectic one, where one of the actors had to dig deep into their emotions and really get to the root of being sad and distraught to deliver the performance required for their character, and a tip that was mentioned to me was that whenever you experience something hectic in life, as an actor, try and hold onto a little piece of it, so that when you need to deliver a part you can think back to that experience and use it towards your performance.

So far we have been doing loads of different scenes, this week is all the locker room scenes and bathroom/ shower scenes and then next week will be our rugby field scenes, it is gonna be a crazy one with all the running around!

It is going to be a sad day wrapping for the soap, however I do believe that it is just the start of many more greater things and a new journey that I plan on embarking on, most definitely once I have completed my studies, lol, cos rite now, trying to juggle the two and get some studying done while on set is proving to be quite a task, but I will pull thru and manage, at least I have done pretty well so far in terms of CASS results.

Anyways, I am going to head to bed early this evening, and most likely only post this tomorrow once the power is back on.

Hope you are all having an awesome week! Xx

Ps. Thank you for reading my blog and the mails you guys send, I enjoy it tons!

Hugz!
x

3 comments:

  1. "whenever you experience something hectic in life, as an actor, try and hold onto a little piece of it, so that when you need to deliver a part you can think back to that experience and use it towards your performance.
    " ONLY if you are a "method" actor...otherwise you simply act...listen to what the other actor says, listen to what you are saying (not how you are saying it) and your own emotions should do what needs to be done with out watering down your abilities by self centered reactions to something that doesn't relate to what you are being talked to or talking about....In my experience (MFA in Acting, 39 years in Equity/SAG and getting my Pension from Equity) Method Actors are the most self-centered in the world...usually a terror to work with, frequently dilusional in evaluating their abilities...and can't have a conversation with out being the topic of it, or without using the words Me or I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Thank you for the advice, it makes sense... Appreciate the feedback!

    ReplyDelete