Wibiya Widget

Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Kid Inside You | The Goodness

I love surrounding myself with good people, who have similar values to me and similar outlooks on life, but I also enjoy surrounding myself with people who are different, you learn so much.

I have no one specific type of friend, and generally when I invite a group of people out it turns out to be a mix match of all different types of characters, love it!

I think having to move from one city to the next and change schools every year while growing up has also had an effect on how I make friends. Trust is one issue that I deal with, I would like to be able to trust everyone easily, but find it hard, I see it as a downfall, but at the same time as a good thing. I also never just have one group of friends, which is enjoyable and enriching, being able to get along with everyone from all different walks of life.

This morning after gym I took a walk on the promenade in Cape Town, and I have to admit it was probably one of the most relaxed mornings that I have had this year. I even took the time out to hit the swings. My mate Luke took the stroll with me and innitially I said to him, geez! I am too old for swings! His response, that is exactly the problem, your never too old for swings! We tend to loose touch of the kid inside us, our lives become so demanding that we forget to just be us and have fun.

Anyway, I hit the swings and even stood up and EVEN did that thing where you twist the swing and then spin around till it unwinds. For a moment my mind was clear, I wasn't worrying of all the things I needed to get to or what the next week holds for me, and quite honestly, it was a relief.

Take some time out to get in touch with that inner kid again, trust me! It helps!




6 comments:

  1. Hey Tyrone! I like all your pics!

    I have a question for you - at the very beginning of May, I intend to fly from Europe to Cape Town for around 16 days (departure date: 30th April or 2nd May). I wanted to do so in mid-October, but hell - let's say life is a bit unpredictable. What's the weather like at that time? It'll be my first visit in SA and I have no really clue what to expect. Can one still enjoy sunny days at the beach or will there only be the wind and the rain?

    Thanks for any info on this, bud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hugs to you and Nic! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tyrone! I like all your pics!

    I wrote a comment under this post like three days ago, but for some reason it didn't appear on here. I have a question for you - at the beginning of May, I intend to fly from Europe to Cape Town for 16 days (departure date: 30th April or 2nd May); I wanted to do so in mid-October, but - let's say - life is a bit unpredicatble and I had to change my plans. It'll be my first visit in SA and I have no really clue what to expect. Could you tell what the weather's like around that time? Can one still enjoy sunny days at the beach or will there only be the wind and the rain?

    I'd be so grateful for any info on this, bud!

    Hugs to you & Nic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there!

      Thank you for the message :0) Cape Town generally has all 4 seasons in one day, it is known for that, however it is colder that time of the year, but the sun still does come out... Not really the time of the year to head to the beach I think as it starts getting colder, but it is still an amazing city with lots to do, and sometime the weather can surprise us with amazing sunny days for the beach :0)

      Delete
  4. Hey bud! Thanks for you reply.
    Well, I don't think I'm able to risk that much as I really want to try that whole 'shark cage diving' thing!
    It's pointless to go to Cape Town during summer time in Europe (June-August). Would it be better if I rearranged my trip to the second half of September/very beginning of October instead of visiting CT in May?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess Tyrone hasn't been here for a long time. :0)

    ReplyDelete